Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Old News: New To Me

From the pages of Juxtapoz.com

The Bao Truck!

The food truck of my dreams. I was raised on the yummy Asian puffyness filled with tasty meats and vegetables. Why oh Why do you have to be so far from me Chairman Bao!!!
But the art worthy news of this fine mobile taste maker is it's stunning shell. Inspired by Shepard Fairey's distinctive design, it was actually executed by James Jean. For Jux article click here



True "Underground" Art

I am the first to say I think LA has the best art scene in the world, but that's a pretty lofty statement considering I have never been anywhere else in the "world" to see their art scene. (I digress)
But America is ass backward and way behind when it comes to "street" art. Instead of embracing it's beauty and self expression, they want a 1984 world of grey cement walls.  Extremely jealous of the progressive move made by the Amsterdam Public Transport Co., they commissioned artist Million Dollar Design to turn an shabby subway car into a true underground piece of art. I get motion sickness just by looking at a bus, but I would ride this public transportation train till I turned green. For the full story and more images click here




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...