I love the Ryan Adams version of Wonderwall, and expressed this love over facebook last night. This statement ended up causing a bit of controversy. Well it actually just fired up my friend to write a delightful comment and I gave my colorful response.
Here is my favorite version of Wonderwall and said discussion.
Colbert Hill BLASPHEME!!!! ask any child of the 90s....
p.s. not to say it is not a respectable cover... but "kicks the originals ass" I THINK NOT LOVE!!!! Do you know how many preteens slit their wrists to Oasis' origin recording 15 years ago?!?!?
Me:just because the original was the original and many slit their wrist to it, I'm sure if the Ryan Adams version was around to compare, it would have at least inspired some nice suicide notes.
I like the Ryan Adams version 20x more, the melancholy of its rhythm and the inflection in his voice is more meaningful.
Colbert Hill: ok let's make a deal... you commit suicide to your version, me to mine, and we'll discuss it over coffee in purgatory! :)
Me: Sounds agreeable and reasonable. Say lets meet up in 5 years end of February
No comments:
Post a Comment