Potential. The word holds so much promise and then can be dashed and beaten to smithereens in the hands of ignorant fools. Last night I went to Mr. T's Bowl, a music venue out in Highland Park which (like you guessed) used to be an old bowling alley. The ambiance is choice! When I walked in I was surprised that the spot didn't have it's own crowd of locals pulled in for just a night of drinking and merriment. But it just ended up being a few fans of the bands and their friends spotted through out the place. It was 5 dollars to get in, defiantly nothing to complain about, along with the two opening bands Collision and Big Whup, tre entertaining. Then around 11:00pm the main attraction So Many Wizards took the stage, to be kicked off because the place was closing.
WHAT?
Yes!
There even was one band that left early so SMW was moved up a time slot, but the bartender was shutting it down. Even after everyone there demanded and offered to buy more drinks to keep the place open long enough for a 5 minute set. But the Russian dictatoress (ie : bartender) was not having it. Now the mystery was solved. No wonder this amazing place, a venue with so much potential, was dead as a doorknob. They even proclaimed this wasn't the first time that this type of incident had occurred. I know I'm now discouraged to ever go to Mr. T's, expecially if the band I'm going to see doesn't go on before 10.
I can only hope and pray that this great place falls into some grand hands. If I only I was a trust fund kid, the magic I could perform on this place! Really people would be saying Spaceland who?
The only upside of this disappointment was when I asked for my money back (because I did go in saying I was there for So Many Wizards) the guy running the door gave it back with out much fight. I felt bad because his face basically said it all, frustration and disappointment, but still its the principle of the matter!
So if any trust fund or independently wealthy person is looking to invest in a music venue, buy Mr. T's and lets make this happen. disappointment
EMAIL ME!
No comments:
Post a Comment