Sunday, February 27, 2011

Jeff Ramirez: Hanging Out With Kurt Vonnegut

Photobucket

Name: Jeff Ramirez
Nickname: Ram or J-Ram
Sign: Scorpio

Favorite:
Color - Indigo
Candy - Gum is candy, right? Gum is the best -- peppermint!
Month - November

Q1. What animal trait do you wish to possess?
A1. I think the power of flight would be the most rewarding. And when flying around gets old, I can look forward to no longer having dreams where I spend the whole dream struggling to fly.

Q2. What superhero would be your sidekick?
A2. I really want to say Batman because he has the best equipment, but he seems like no fun. I'll pick Coast-to-Coast era Space Ghost, if only for the laughs.
Q2.What villain would you go after first?
A2. Zorak, of course.

Q3. Bathroom read?
A3. I'm usually good with whatever is around. My current loft has a shared bathroom so I usually try to get in and out and save the reading for a more scenic setting.

Q4. Where and When in time would you go?
A4. I'd go back as far as necessary to ensure that my mastery of technology and modern information would get me branded and forever remembered as a wizard.

Q5. Most Embarrassing Moment?
A5. I mostly try to forget things like this and so, ranking them is certainly out of the question. Also, I am easily embarrassed, so the most recent embarrassment feels like the most embarrassing moment.

Q6. Best compliment ever received?
A6. Someone once told me that I could have been a model. Looking back, it was probably a weird attempt at flirtation, but I will always remember it, if only because I'm not likely to ever hear it again.

Q7. What do you admire in a person?
A7. Passion, vision, honesty, confidence, soft skin.

Q8. When do you feel most creative?
A8. When I've had enough Vitamin D, when it's warm inside, when the right music is playing, when everything is going well.

Q9. What 80's movie would you live in for a day? Who would you be?
A9. I've always loved Rodney Dangerfield in Back to School. A day as Thornton Melon seems pretty great -- clowning around on campus, hanging with Kurt Vonnegut, having Oingo Boingo play my house party.

Q10. Biggest Pet Peeve?
A10. LA drivers and everything they do.

One of the hardest part of creating an art piece whether it be when drawing or painting, it's finding and translating the light.  Realist artist Jeff Ramirez not only finds his light but he pushes his art by capturing it's reflective quality. The way he is able to paint an almost tangiable texture is unique to his style. One can almost hear the sqeauky sound of the sleek puffy jacket rubbing against it self. To me it's his way of capturing light in a photo relaistic capacity that blows my mind. His subjects have eyes filled with depth but it's his way of creating texture with smooth brush stroked that (to me) set him aside from other artist.

Please check out more of Jeff's work on his website.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...