Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Power of Paper

I took a design class a few years ago, I was doing well in class but I was having a lot of out of school stressors distracting me at the time. My attendance for the class wasn't good although I was doing well and getting good grades on my assignments. But then the teacher gave us a project of creating a recognizable object with a single piece of paper, using no tape and no glue. At this I withdrew from the class.

Here are some amazing artist that really know how to manipulate the power of paper.

Andreas Kocks, Paperwork #701G

Ferry Staverman, A Space Odesey

Mia Pearlman, Eddy

Chris Kenny, Grand Island



There pieces are from a show that was at the Museum of Art and Design circa 2009, 50 artist did dozens of installations all displaying the different ways in which an artist can manipulate paper. 

And don't forget about Imminent Disaster's amazing paper piece she did for Thinkspace Gallery's show back in March Refuge...amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...