First off "Fuck The Lines" at Fuck Yea Fest yesterday. The music was amazing but one was lucky if they could catch a full set, considering they were standing in line for water, food, beer or the bathroom for HOURS. And I understand lines are a part of life. But these lines were RIDICULOUS, a two and a half hour wait for the drinking fountain! I had a VIP pass, which there was a line to get into the VIP area, and then once inside I still had to wait an hour and a half to buy french fries. Which I only bought french fries because by the time I got to the food truck window I was ready to just eat whatever was available.
Now with the FYF line venting out of the way...
I was able to catch full sets from The Rapture and Man Man, heard Local Natives from the VIP grassy knol, and caught the tail end of !!!. Man Man was just phenomenal, their energy and performance was that of true blue talented musicians. For the end of the night my original plan was to watch The Rapture first and then see the end of Panda Bear, but The Rapture ended up getting my undivided attention. It's rare when a band sounds exactly like their album, but they truly sounded EXACTLY like their album. Almost to the point one might think there might be some Milly Vanilly action going on, but with as hard as they were rocking out there was no way they could have faked it. It was insanely fun to just dance and let go of the stresses of the FYF day in the sway of my hips.
because i am a terrible photographer i will have better photos of FYF taken by a friend uploaded later
THANKS <3
No comments:
Post a Comment