Sunday, January 30, 2011

Friday Night : Crocodiles @ The Echo


Friday night Crocodiles graced the stage of The Echo. I only caught one of the openers a trance inducing and ethereal sounding band Tamaryn. Playing in front of an abstract backdrop of  projected nature and other psychedelic inspired collage of images fading in and out of each other. The bands self made ambiance blanketed the venue. The crowd was a little less than to be desired as all of a sudden my cool score started to warm up as Shoegazers were in attendance from wall to wall. A type of music that has spawned a style of followers that are the definition of too cool for school. The reason why I bring up the Shoegazers is because of the inspired poster I found on an amazing website filled with Graphic Design and Photography, Baubau Haus. Unlike Mod's who's style is strictly 60's, Shoegazers have a vintage and contemporary desperate edge to be as stylish as possible. And I thought hipsters were bad. Although the face on the above poster is that of fear, I feel that most of the crowd looked at them selves in the mirror that night and thought "Omg, I'm Retro" was more than just a good thing....

But back to the show....

 Crocodiles indie pop rock music is toe tappn and hip swayeningly good, aside from what 3/4 of the crowd not dancing might have suggested. Their stage presence energized their already electrified songs; the guitarist channeling the spirit of a Johnny Ramone (pointed out by my date) and singer coming up with new awkward dance moves that were ever more endearing as they were oddly fun. Their last song before a short encore was one of my favorites, I Want To Kill, which (also suggested by my date) was reminiscent to the Misfits. This statement would be insanely ironic as their last song of the night was Last Caress by the Misfits. Sung by an adorable girl in striped tights.

Considering Crocodiles had me shimming and shaking all night long with an ER visit from earlier in the day and a kidney infection under my belt. The band is pure electric energy ready to charge one up for a fun show, if not so cool you're numb to the shock.

Check out Crocodiles for yourself on their Myspace Page.




Find more artists like CROCODILES at Myspace Music


Find more artists like MISFITS at Myspace Music

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...