Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Weekend In Art

Unfortunately I didn't attend Lucent Lamour the parking situation around the place was ridiculous and I just didn't have the will nor the want to really try and figure it all out. Plus I had been pulled over by a cop (let go fortunately) and that just sort of put me on edge.

Friday was the Damon Sole opening, which by the way the work was insane. I ended up staying in the office the entire time doing a paper for school. But every time I peaked out the door the crowd was growing bigger and bigger. I made some nice friends in the office though, and really bonded with ol Dabs and Myla.

Saturday before Lucent was the Give Me Space to Think show at Sherman Gallery in Marina Del Rey/ Venice. It was a really small show but definitely had some super strong pieces along with a lot of potential. My favorites of the night were Nathan Deyoung's new piece Act 5 and Brian Robertson Mindattack? Heartattack? (not quite sure on the names). I really love both artist work and can only hope and expect the best from both.

Well it wasn't a crazy eventful weekend and the artist sightings were few. But I'm hoping to catch Chris Rynaks show before it comes down and a few others. So no opening night stories but maybe a quick review of a show or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...