Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Converse and Paper Hearts Art




I hate Hollywood. I hate trying to find parking in Hollywood. I hate lines. I hate crowds. For all this hate I loved the Converse/Paper Magazine Art Party last Saturday the 23. I got to Hollywood fine. I found parking that didn't exceed 10 dollars (where I also randomly ran into old Venice neighbor Ace Norton). I didn't have to wait in line. And well a crowd is a crowd and a party a party, unavoidable so I just dealt with it. Unfortunately I could only stay for an hour and wasn't able to enjoy the free alcohol. But they had free candy, red bulls, and water that I happily helped myself too.

Now how did I hear of this shin dig and why did I not have to wait in line? Well LC founder of Cannibal Flower and my mentor/boss was invited by Kim the founder of Paper Magazine to curate some of the art at the show. And curate we did. In one week we collected the best of Cannibal Flower and in one hour hung our perfectly placed wall. In the center of the happenings we were right on stage next to an epic tote bag coloring shin digity.

The party had lots of activities, but because of my dress I wasn't able to take part as much as I would have liked. There was a color by number wall and mural/graffiti wall that people could use crayons, markers, and paint to create their own art. I thought that was such a cute and fun activity but I couldn't get to close to the loose pigment.I mosty walked around and saw a lot of hipstery celebs. People that pop up on photoblogs and have a following of thirteen year old girls. Which I'm not dissing I was totally stoked on being photographed by a few people and I welcome followers of any age. Mostly people were just having fun and the pretentiousness only would occasionally linger into a room.

I did get to play/participate in one game/activity. The party was handing out tote bags you could decorate with fabric markers. I thought When In Rome! I can't play that other stuff so darn it I'm going to do something at this party. And I sat down to decorate my awesome new totebag, when 5 mins later my fellow UTR intern buddy sits down right in front of me. Both solo sally's it was nice to see a familiar friendly face. But after my tote was done I had to be gone.

The art looked amazing though I got tones of traffic!! And that is really what is most important.
These are a few websites for photo's of the event.
The Cobrasnake
Street Style LA

And just google the event for way more details but this was my experience in a cliff note version. Here are few photos one of me and the other two of CF. Our live artist
and you can see the art behind the two girls...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...