While I was going to wait for more artist content to start posting, I'm not getting as quick as a response I was hoping for. And although I have great artist on the way, those great artist super busy. That's half the reason why they are so great!
But the reason why I post and have decided to wake my blog from its small hibernation is because when you find something cool you want to share it with EVERYONE you can. Well while reading the blogs and art sites this morning Juxtapoz posted an awesome story of an art teacher that uses Jux as a text book in his class. That's what I'm talking about!! There are countless conversations in which I say if only there was an art history class covering the history of now (conundrum no?). The artist of now are so inspirational and innovative that to wake the artist in students, I think they need to be exposed to who is out and about living today. Zoso and Retna are just a few of the artist that were referenced in the students work. Here is the story but please visit Jux website itself to see the images of the students work. Its really great and I cant wait to see these students create their own style. Unbelieveable they are only in High School! On behalf of the art world we Welcome your work and voice.
Major GOLD STAR to Jeffery Moring art teacher at EUHS and all his students!
Moring writes:
“As our school year and my position at my current school come to end, I thought it would be a great time to share with you the many very talented students that I have this year. Juxtapoz has been the best resource in my high school art classroom than any other magazine, book, or cookie-cutter lesson plan. I have taught art for the past 5 years and I have used your magazine to show young adult’s different artists’ techniques and creative processes, while having the chance to introduce them to this great art movement.
“Although the budget crisis in California has affected my job, I will always be grateful for your magazine and each artist that comes out of your publication. I myself have learned so much, and it is great to have the opportunity to pass it on to my students.
“As you can see in the photographs, my advanced kids are extremely talented. Recreating the works of their idols has made this year something to remember. The Mac, Retna, Shepard Fairey, Sam Flores, Greg “Craola” Simkins, Laurie Lipton, Alex Pardee, Ron English, Dave Kinsey, and Alex Grey are just a few of the artists that have been explored in my classroom. Many of my graduating seniors, who never thought art as a profession, are now considering it in college.
“I wanted to give Juxtapoz and all the amazing artists that come out of your magazine a very small tribute, and let them know they are inspiring young adults across the country. Thank you.
Sincerely,
Jeffrey Moring (and all my talented students!)
Introduction to Art
Advanced Art
EUHS”
FULL STORY W/ IMAGES
So good morning blog world. I'm back and now that Black Market Sugar has opened and been hung, hopefully I can dedicate more time to developing the best content I can.
Comeing soon...MAOI's from KMNDZ and Jason Maloney
No comments:
Post a Comment